Wednesday, September 8, 2010

DIving In!

"I'm diving in, I'm going deep, in over my head I want to be..." Stephen Curtis-Chapman challenged my faith with this incredibly powerful song again this week. We are challenged to take that leap of faith, not just over the edge, but into the water that's over our head. Wow.

When we're underwater, things look different. Things are quiet. Things are tuned out, but present. I want to make my prayer life deeper, too. My quiet time can be quiet-er time. My sense of peace can be even more peaceful. When I pray, I can go over the edge of the surface prayer requests and let God see my heart. It's diving in over my head, and not just to the shallow end up to waist level that makes the difference in my perspective. I don't want to just get wet in that water; I want a new view.

Wanna dive in with me?

No comments: